Monday 19 March 2012

Dark Horse Tami Hoag

Dark Horse is the 2002 Tami Hoag book set in the equestrian world. The lead character is Elena Estes - a former police officer still paying the price for a wrong judgement that she made some years before which cost the life of one of her colleagues.

In the book, 12-year-old Molly Seabright hires Estes to help find her missing sister Erin. The plot is complex and dark in places but I like the way that it all comes together. The action scenes are believable and I found the book easy to read.

I also liked Elena Estes - the flawed but gutsy protagonist. The character really brings the book to life and I liked the way the character is offered new hope by the end of the book.

This book is a bit of a departure from Tami Hoag’s usual work and I enjoyed every minute of it – even the more gory details.

No comments:

Post a Comment