Monday 23 April 2012

Author of 'The Nostradamus Secret' named one of the 50 great writers that you should be reading

Joseph Badal, the author of historical novel The Nostradamus Secret, has been named as one of the '50 Great Writers You Should Be Reading'. Mr Badal had appeared on The Author Show and a public vote decided which names would appear on the list.

Commenting in a press release Mr Badal said:

"I was thrilled."

"To be included in The Authors Show's 2011 edition of '50 Great Writers You Should Be Reading'. This recognition is an affirmation of my writing and further encourages my commitment to the art."

The Nostradamus Secret is part of the Bob Dankworth series and it has been getting rave reviews. So far the book has 36 five star reviews on Amazon and New York Times best seller Tony Hillerman has described the book as "an amazingly intricate tale of international intrigue, political deception and terrorism." Hillerman went on to say "Joe Badal delivers a gripping, fast-paced story that carries the reader on a wild ride and, once again, weaves a fascinating historical context into the fabric of this contemporary thriller. A must-read for fans of Ludlum and Clancy."

In an email I asked Mr Badal, a former commissioned officer in the US Army, about how he became involved in writing and publishing and his plans for future books. He told me:

"I have wanted to be a writer all my life, but didn't really start writing seriously until a little more than 10 years ago. My first novel, The Pythagorean Solution, was released in hardback in 2003 and in paperback in 2005. My second novel, Terror Cell, was released in 2004. The Nostradamus Secret was released in February 2011, and my latest novel, Evil Deeds, just came out last November. My last 3 novels are part of the Bob Danforth series. I am working on a 4th book in that series."

"My next novel, Inside Job, a stand-alone thriller, will be released in May of this year."

As any aspiring writer knows, inspiration can be hard to come by at times. When I asked Mr Badal what inspires him to write he told me:

"The inspiration for my writing is a pathological need to tell stories. I love the "telling" and I love the feedback from readers. In short, I cannot not write. Even if I knew I'd never be published, I would still write."

I also asked if Mr Badal had any words of advice for writers starting out. Mr Badal replied:

"The advice I give to people all the time is that they must have a passion for writing. Without that passion, writing would just be another job, and most writers already have another job. Passion for writing and the inspiration for my writing are what drive my writing."

You can visit Joseph Badal's website at http://josephbadalbooks.com/ and view his blog at http://www.josephbadal.wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment