Thursday 11 April 2013

If I Had Known


If I had known then I would have been there for you, I would have held you to the end. I would have sung songs of sweet surrender until your soul was free again.

I would have made your days more sunny, I would have talked you through the rain. I would have been there to the end, my friend, had you just called my name.

I couldn’t know what you were feeling, you kept it all inside. If I had felt your desperation, I would have eased the pain.

You always wore a smile, no matter how heavy your heart had become, and I’ll always remember you happy because that it how I get by.

Now you are free and I hope you spirit soars, but I’d only wish I’d been there to hold you through it all.

This poem was originally published on Expertscolumn. You can read the original at: http://expertscolumn.com/content/poem-if-i-had-known

No comments:

Post a Comment